Friday 31 October 2014

My Beautiful Goa

Poem Dated: 7.11.92

My beautiful Goa,
With its coconut trees tall,
Swaying in the breeze
Calling out to all

As if it were saying
We are proud to belong
To such a beautiful place
Where you can never go wrong

The beaches of my Goa
With their sparkling water blue
And huge rocks in it
Small ones too!!

And near the sparkling water
There is bright golden sand
Oh! My beautiful Goa,
Oh! My beautiful land!!

The fishermen of my Goa
Humming a cheerful song,
As they go in the deep sea
Taking their boats along

And they return in the evening
With lots and lots of fish
To sell it well in the morning
Is their only wish

And my Goan people
Oh what can I say
So kind, so loving
Merry, cheerful and gay

They call everyone their brother,
And share a cup of "Soro"
And when they are full they say,
"Tu re samko baro"

So my beautiful Goa,
She is a jewel very rare
She is like a paradise on earth
A paradise that cannot be found everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment