Wednesday 29 October 2014

The Midnight Terror

Poem Dated : 1/12/1991

The clock struck twelve
And darkness was all around
Suddenly I heard a sound
That made my heard to pound

I put my slippers
And went downstairs
The darkness around me
Was enough to give me nightmares

Outside it was dark
To put on my torch I tried
But the batteries had gone,
Now I could have cried

As the gate creaked open,
A chill ran down my spine
I heard a tapping sound
That made me to whine

But I soon found out
That water from the garden tap
Was falling in drops
And was harmless as a cap

Relieved I shut the tap
But it was just too early
For I saw something red,
That made my straight hair curly

I went closer to that red
And saw it was a bucket
Relieved and happy,
I went back to the gate

But my problems were not yet over
For I saw a ghostly figure in white
I was a loose gown
That wasn’t very tight

I started to scream
But no voice came from my mouth
I was terrified and became panicky
But I couldn’t even shout

I stood rooted to the ground
And didn’t know what to do
I couldn’t even scream
Even if I wanted to

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice
That said with concern and care
“Wake up dear, or you’ll be late for school”

Thanks Heaven! It was only a nightware!

No comments:

Post a Comment